Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How I became a Chelsea Fan

From the moment I was born there was only going to be one team that I was going to support, and that was Chelsea. My Father, who grew up in a working class family in Putney, would frequently follow Chelsea home and away during our less successful years of the 1970's and 80's. He was hooked, persevering with a team that was going through one of the most dreadful periods in their history. Eventually, he began taking me to Chelsea during the late nineties, coinciding with the team that included messrs's Zola, Vialli and Gullit; bringing total football to England. I had been bitten by the Football bug, and there was no antidote. So there you are, I am a Chelsea boy through and through, and I am extremely proud of it (despite the obvious taunts from other's saying that I am a glory hunter). But I will end this post with something that my dad said to me when I was younger "Son, if you dare support Man United or Tottenham, then your out!".

No comments:

Post a Comment